Here are some of our favorite online tools:
Financial Statements and Analysis
- Edgar Search– Look up company SEC filings for all US publically held companies
- Morningstar-Company profiles, market data and news. Not as intuitive as Yahoo Finance, but more complete.
- My Accounting Course-Good resource for understanding how to understand financial statements
- The Essentials of Business Financial Statements & Reading an Annual Report from the for Dummies series
- Yahoo Finance– Company profiles, market data and news. Not as complete as Yahoo Finance, but easier to use.
- Get your Annual Credit Report from all 3 credit bureaus, for free, on the official site
- Consumer Information from the Federal Trade Commission-Lots of very good information, courtesy of your tax dollars. Especially good for looking up information on potential scams
Rebate/Reward Sites We Use (With Affiliate Links)
- Swagbucks: Cash or gift cards for purchases, surveys, video watching, etc. (for more info, check our Swagbucks post.)
- EBates: Cash back on online purchases
- Ibotta: Cash Back on Groceries and other purchases
- Achievemint: Rewards for healthy living
- Paribus:If you buy something and the price drops, you can get the difference
- Amazon Rewards Visa: Gives you cash back to spend at Amazon, including 5% back on Amazon purchases if you’re a Prime Member